Saturday, September 10, 2011

Steady Boys!


Well, here they are, ready to defend hearth and home. Two 2 hour sessions to assemble and paint. I took yet another step towards a proper toy soldier look. I not only resisted all urges towards shading (and that ain;t easy) but I also didn't paint the musket barrels (and that was even harder!). But, once glossed, they look just that little bit more traditional toy soldier-ish for having that little bit less detail.

I think the think oval (peel n' stick flex steel + sawdust) bases help too. Smooth and glossy would be better but....... When I out a 2nd coat of varnish on, maybe I'll varnish the bases. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Ross Mac,

    Very impressive!

    One expects them to acquit themselves well defending their hearths and home.

    All bthe best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! I trust they shall see off the Damn Yankees.

    ReplyDelete