Monday, December 27, 2010

A Final Teaser

A slight change in plans. In the latest issue of Battlegames, CS Grant announced that this would be the last of the current series of Table Top Teasers, not the last teaser ever, but the end of this run at least. Now my plan had been to play a Battlegames scenario each month but life being what is and plans being what they are, only 3 of the games have been from the current range of TT Teasers so I figured why not end my year with the latest and the last?

It also seemed a good time to try out my reduced table size so I have roped off a 5x6 area to play on. Time is still at a premium so I worried even less than normal about matching the terrain other than very generally. I also haven't built any particularly Oregon-like terrain yet and really this one might have been better set in New Brunswick or the Canadas.

The scenario involves 2 advance guards each tasked with controlling the crossings over the Hard River. Each side has 1 light cavalry regiment, 1 irregular or militia light infantry unit and 2 regiments of infantry. For more details see Battlegames Issue 24.
 

and yes, that is the balloon being towed into position prior to ascending. It is the end of Turn 3 and across the river, the American field hospital wagon can be seen just arriving.


 More to follow in a few days.

4 comments:

  1. I hope that you had a very pleasant Chrismas, Ross . . . and I will look forward to the continuation of this post.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely set up and I await more pictures and info soon I hope...
    best wishes
    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a balloon and a traction engine - it's already a good game!
    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the comments.

    Yes Jeff, a very pleasant and quiet Christmas. I hope you had a good one as well.

    Tim, I figured, what with Christmas and all, this required something dreadfully serious. ( or not:) )

    A few more turns have been played, more pics tonight.
    -Ross

    ReplyDelete