Friday, January 1, 2010

FAILTE, WELCOME, BIENVENUE, BIENVENIDA

Welcome to my new blog in which I will chronicle a series of Miniature Wargames or Battlegames that I will be playing. For those who have stumbled upon the blog by accident and wonder what a wargame played with miniatures is all about, please visit some of the linked websites.

This blog follows on from last year's project to play each scenario in Scenarios For All Ages by Charles S Grant &  Stuart Asquith, in turn. The chronicle of that adventure may be found here on my website.  This year I want to play slightly fewer games and be able to report on each more fully so I have decided to select one game each month from the various scenarios and Table Top Teasers in Battlegames Magazine.

As you may have guessed from the poll at the top of the page, I have not yet decided exactly how I am going to proceed and am interested in your opinions and comments. I do not promise to be bound by the result or any comments but do promise to take them into consideration.

Last year I played the scenarios in 11 different periods and scales, this year I may follow the same varied approach or I may string the 12 games into a campaign either incorporating a map or as a narrative campaign. If I do so it will be either be Obehilse taking on Faraway with my 40mm glossy toy soldiers or King Rosius of Ancient Persia invading Lydia using 25mm figures. (See my Gathering of Hosts blog)

In either case, since I will be playing other games beside these 12, I may also include periodic reports of some of these games in between the Battlegames of the Month. 

Comments and queries are not only welcome but actively sought.

Enjoy and may your dice roll high or low as needed.
-Ross

4 comments:

  1. Ross,

    good luck with your newest venture. I look forward to seeing the resurected armies "teasing" each other across the fields of Mars.

    Pjotr
    http://nyudrevchronicles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ross

    I very much enjoyed the scenarios on your web-site and have just voted "an assortment", however I'm now thinking that a single period mini-campaign is a really great idea also!

    Confused of Kildare

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sites are both great. I am really impressed with your use of Prince August which I have never tried despite my attachment to Jacobite/Wild Geese interests.
    I have always had problems with "Blogspot" as a website but have an aborted site of sorts at

    http://myplasticarmy.blogspot.com/

    and a better one at

    http://www.freewebs.com/irishknight/

    Ath Bhliain Faoi Mhaise (Happy New Year)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mar sin leat a John,
    I still have a number of 54's plastic and metal but have fallen back to the 40's for sake of space, esp for terrain. While I'm waiting to begin this campaign season I'll post a couple of shots of Jacobite Highlanders that I converted a few years back.
    -Ross

    ReplyDelete